Invasive Weeds Legal Information

Free, no obligation Japanese Knotweed survey within 48 hours.
Enquire today.


We measure ourselves using KPIs for each stage of the process and we believe we are the best!

    What Are the Legal Points to Remember?

    Since 2013, a seller of a property or land is legally bound to report if Japanese Knotweed is present on the property. This is done through a TA6 form.

    As a seller it is your responsibility to check if you have an infestation of Japanese Knotweed. A  conveyancer and or solicitor can provide all your legal advice, however, you will be asked to provide evidence of a treatment programme, management plan and insurance backed guarantee, which is where Clearsafe Knotweed comes in.

    As a buyer if there is evidence of a Japanese Knotweed infestation on a property you are buying, a mortgage company is highly likely to only agree/release funds once a company like Clearsafe Knotweed has been in; investigated and treated the problem and issued an insurance backed guarantee.

    Japanese Knotweed is a (controlled waste) and can only be disposed of at certain licenced landfill sites. This falls under the Environmental Protection Act 1990.

    It is an offence to ‘intentionally or recklessly’ spread Japanese Knotweed.

    Book A Free Video Survey